Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a Human Resources Intern, located in Charleston, TN. The successful candidate will work on key HR projects and assignments. The intern will work approximately 20 -40 hours per week beginning immediately.
Olin Chlor Alkali Products has become one of the world's leading manufacturers of chlorine, caustic soda, bleach and related chemicals. Almost every industry in the world depends on these basic chemicals, including healthcare, water treatment, textiles, automotive, food processing, agriculture, telecommunications, even space and technology.
The intern is expected to work safely and to learn to complete their assignments independently. Applicants must also be able to relate and communicate professionally with co-workers and applicants at various levels and show ability to change priorities and handle multiple tasks. Teamwork and cooperation, as well as independent initiative are critical as well as proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university close to the Charleston, TN site, and majoring in an undergraduate program in Business; Human Resource discipline preferred.
* Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.00 scale. (Documentation Required)
* Availability to work 20 -40 hours a week, and available immediately
* Provide your own transportation to and from work location. Housing assistance is not provided; local candidates preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
* Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
* High awareness to detail, strong decision-making ability and creative problem solving skills
* Must be competent with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
* Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education
* Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.